Day 10: Reports and Datorama Reports
· Reports – Article
· Dataroma reports – Article
Overview of Datorama Reports:
- Datorama Reports is powered by Salesforce Datorama, a leading marketing intelligence platform that allows you to connect all of your data—uncovering deep marketing insights and campaign performance.
- Dashboards: Easily analyze your data and make informed, data-driven decisions with prebuilt dashboards that visualize email, push and journey campaign-level data up to the business unit.
- Pivot tables: Explore your data and create custom reports that organize, summarize, and slice your data so that you can view comparisons, trends, and patterns.
- Scheduled reports: Retrieve, view, and share a detailed analysis of your data. You can easily schedule and share reports via Excel, CSV, and text, as well as visual formats like PowerPoint, PDF, and PNG.
Analytics Builder -> Datorama Reports
Marketing Cloud User Roles:
Permissions and Roles:
- Datorama Reports is based on roles and permissions, meaning you can perform specific actions depending on your user role and assigned permissions.
Dashboards: Dashboards provide you with a ready-to-use visualization of your email and journey data
- Email Overview: Provides you with a high–level overview of your email campaigns, such as the number of emails sent, open rate, and so on.
- Email Deliveries: Provides a detailed visualization of your email delivery data, such as delivery KPIs–including sends, deliveries, bounces, delivery timelines, and in-depth breakdowns by domain, day of week, and audience.
- Email Engagement: Provides a detailed visualization of your email engagement data, such as engagement KPIs, including opens, clicks, unsubscribes, engagement timelines, and in-depth breakdowns by domain, day of week, and audience.
- Email Performance: Provides a detailed visualization of your email performance data, such as email sends data, including open rate, click rate, unsubscribe rate, performance funnel, and in-depth breakdowns by domain, day of week, and audience.
- Journey Performance by Email: Provides an in-depth view into your journey and activities data, including the journey performance and a detailed breakdown by domain, day of week, and audience.
- Push Deliveries: Provides a detailed visualization of your push delivery data, including push notification delivery data and timelines. Get breakdowns by day of the week, mobile OS, and mobile app.
- Push Engagement: Provides details about your push notification engagement key performance indicators (KPIs), including deliveries, opens, and open rate. View breakdowns by day of the week, mobile OS, and mobile apps.
- Push Performance: Provides details about your overall push performance, including push sends, opens, bounces and deliveries. Get breakdowns by day of the week, mobile OS and mobile app.
- Journey Performance by Push: Provides details about your journey and push notification performance data. View breakdowns by day of the week, mobile OS, and mobile app.
Share Your Dashboards:
- Share via Slack: This option shares a dashboard page or widget directly to Slack.
- Share via Email: This option shares a dashboard page or widget via email.
- Download: This option downloads a local file of a dashboard page or widget, either as a PNG, Excel, PDF or PPT file format.
- Create Scheduled Report: This option creates a report with the dashboard that can be set to run as part of a workflow, in real-time, or according to a defined schedule. We cover scheduled reports in more detail in the final unit.
Pivot Tables: Pivot tables allow you to explore your data from multiple perspectives.
- You can use pivot tables to filter, sort, and group large volumes of data according to any metric or dimension. Plus, with pivot tables, you can create custom reports that organize, summarize, and slice your data without the need to write and run queries.
- You can easily create a pivot table that shows a breakdown of your email send data, so you can see how many emails were sent, delivered, and bounced for a specific time period.
- You can also use a pivot table to see which send day had the best performance—meaning which day had the highest open rate, click-to-open rate, and email opens. The options are endless.
Export Pivot Tables:
- Export: This option exports the pivot table to an Excel file either as a pivot table or flat table.
- Schedule export: This option exports directly to a report format (either pivot table or Excel), which can be set to run as part of a workflow, in real time, or according to a defined schedule. We cover reports in more detail in the last unit.
Schedule Reports in Datorama
Scheduling different kinds of reports.
- Flat Table (Excel/CSV): Creates a flat file with the data. For example, display the total number of sends per send date. This can also be achieved by using Schedule Export to a Flat Table on a predefined pivot table.
- Pivot Table (XLS): Creates an Excel in the same structure as your pivot table view. This can also be achieved by using Schedule Export to a Pivot Table on a predefined pivot table.
- Dashboard (PDF): Exports a dashboard into a PDF. This can also be achieved by using the Schedule Export option on a predefined dashboard.
Get Started with Reports
The Reports Overview screen provides access to all reports available for Email Studio, Mobile Studio, CloudPages, SocialPages, Microsites, JourneyBuilder, and Contact Counts.
The Reports Overview screen includes the following:
- New Reports: Lists the newest reports available in the Marketing Cloud.
- Reports Shortcut: You can create and manage shortcuts to frequently used reports. Click Add Shortcut or Select Shortcuts to create a new shortcut or click the x next to the shortcut to delete it.
- Reports Catalog: Lists all available reports. To view a brief description for each report, click View Catalog. To filter by category, click on that category in the list to view a brief description of each report in that category only. Or you can click a recently run report to view a brief description of that report.
- Saved Reports Menu: Click an item to populate the list to right with saved reports within that item’s description.
- Saved Reports Grid: Lists all reports you have saved including relevant meta-data for each. You can filter and sort your view. Click the name of the report to view the saved version or click Run to run a new version of the report.
The Catalog screen provides a searchable list of available reports and a brief description of each. Click Create to run a new report.
The Activity Log screen provides detailed lists all reports running today, all scheduled reports, and the history of reports you have run. This log includes both standard reports and Discover reports. Click View Parameters report setting details.
- Create a Standard Report in Analytics Builder
Learn how to create and run a standard report in Marketing Cloud’s Report tool.
- Marketing Cloud Analytics Builder Reports Frequently Asked Questions
Get the answers to frequently asked questions about the standard reports in Marketing Cloud Analytics Builder.